In commemoration of the establishment of the Malaysian Federation, the Malaysian Association of Hong Kong (MAHK) would like to gather MAHK members and your friends and families on 9 September to celebrate Malaysia Day 2023, where you can enjoy cultural performances and local delicacies of Malaysia in one afternoon. Details of the event are as follows:
Malaysia Day Brunch 2023
Date: 9 September 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 12pm – 3:00pm (registration starts at 11:45am)
Venue: 1/F, Silverbox Ballroom, Hotel ICON, 17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, HK.
The theme for this year’s event is “Oh My Kampung”, this is an occasion where we relive our childhood memories from Malaysia, including Malaysian folksongs and dikir barat, traditional games and activities that Malaysians do in their childhood regardless of race or religion. We have also prepared authentic Malaysian cuisine such as Ayam Satay Panggang and Sago Gula Melaka for you who crave for Malaysian food. Check out the menu below!
Here are the glimpse of the exciting and fun activities, along with the performances that will take place at our MAHK Malaysia Day Brunch 2023!
– Dikir Barat Performance by a group of talented students
– Kampung Games Contest that brings back your childhood memories
– Miss having impromptu Henna done at Brickfields or Little India? Dont worry! We got you a Henna artist, come and do that for the event!
– Best Dress for Male and Female: Surprise gift for best dressed awaits – get dressed, get creative, get ON! Wear your traditional or kampung-themed outfits with a modern twist
– Lucky draw with exciting gifts; and
– A surprise stage performance by Princess Ice Kacang
We look forward to celebrating this joyous and meaningful occasion with you!
The Executive Committee
The Malaysian Association of Hong Kong
Date(s) - September 9, 2023
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Bookings are closed for this event.